Re: [opensuse-factory] simplicity, WAS: About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2012 11:36:50 +0200
On Friday 08 Jun 2012 22:43:48 Nelson Marques wrote:
It's nice that the install process is being reviewed

On this note, one thing that I think the Ubuntu installer gets right is the
feature whereby the user specific choices such as timezone, user account and
so on are entered after the package installation starts. This means that
rather than staring at a slideshow or progress bar for 15 minutes the user is
actually busy entering details while the system is being installed, then the
choices are applied to the system at the end. This reduces the overall install
time significantly. This is something I'd like to see in our installer.