Re: [opensuse-factory] simplicity, WAS: About the Live CDs (PLEASE READ)
On Sat, 2012-06-09 at 00:20 -0700, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb@xxxxxxxxx> [06-08-12 17:15]:
If I were designing the next round of openSUSE, I'd make only the KDE
LiveCD and full install DVD as official branded media and migrate
everything else to SUSE Studio Gallery appliances one could clone,
build and download. I wouldn't even store built appliances - let the
user use his/her own disk space allocation for that.

and the *only* new users to openSUSE will be geeks familiar with kiwi and
very competent in linux arts.

Downloading a built appliance from SUSE Studio is only a little more
difficult than getting install media from
http://software.opensuse.org/121/en. The only extra step is having to
do a one-time signup and "join the community".

true, but it would be easier, if all of those iso's and images were
available for all, and not just for those with an account.

Hans