On Thu, 2012-06-07 at 21:18 +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 7. Juni 2012, 12:50:08 schrieb Brian K. White:
Not really. If you're on limited bandwidth, you download the cd one
time, and you probably arrange for that to happen over night or while
you do other things, and use it many times, and with no further delays
during each use.

So you assume users with no usb port, no DVD drive and low bandwidth who
install on many computers, yet do not have any local network. That gets too
niche-ish for me.

BTW, I did install SuSE in ISDN times via net-install, so it is absolutely
possible.

I vividly remember the time i did a cdrom-download on 64Kb (just one
B-channel)
After i received the phone-bill, we had "some discussions" at home ;-)

Allthough St-Petersburg and Moscow have faster internet access compared
with western europe, large area's in asia are not so fortunate...

hw