Re: [opensuse-factory] Xorg will not load with Opensuse 12.2 beta1
  • From: Juan Erbes <jerbes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 08:33:25 -0300
2012/6/6 Graham Anderson <graham@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On Wednesday 06 Jun 2012 16:14:56 Per Jessen wrote:
Juan Erbes wrote:
The last saturday I installed Opensuse 12.2 beta1 on my pc (Phenom 2
X4 965 mobo Gigabye GM880-USB4, with 4 GB of memory and a ATI Radeon
HD 5670, the mobo has a ATI HD4250 graphical chip, disabled on the
bios), and is impossible to load Xord with KDE)

I got the error:

No screens found

I tryed to use the propietary fglrx driver, but first it colud'nt
compile, and later after aplly 2 patches to the fglrx sources, it
compiled, but when I tryed to load the module I got an "undefined
symbol" error..

Later I tryed with the kernel 3.3 from the repo factory-tested, and I
tryed again with the fglrx driver wthout the parches, and it compiled
ok, but when I try to load Xorg, I got a segmentation error.

Yesterday, I made a update of the system changing the repos to factory
and tryed again wth the open source driver radeon, and I got again the
same error of the begining:

No screens found

What's hsappened with Sax?
I do'nt found it on the system.

SaX has been gone since 11.2 - I seem to remember a project trying to
resurrect it though.

I think Manu Gupta was working on Sax3, but as a proprietery Nvidia user I am
unsure about the status.

Yesterday I installed the 2 drivers (, and see what's happened
xorg-x11-driver-video-radeonhd-1.3.0_20100512_80ba041-10.4.x86_64.rpm
and
xf86-video-ati-6.14.4-2.1.x86_64.rpm

Yet, at least loads kdm, and if I try to login as user or root,
reloads the same screen.

I attached again the actual Xorg.0.log.

Thanks,
Juan