Am 07.06.2012 09:58, schrieb Stefan Seyfried:

Ah. Ok. How about leaving out kdepim? (assuming that Thunderbird will be
on the medium anyway).

(Disclaimer: I have not tried any kdepim stuff for quite some time, but
I only know people migrating away from it, not new users).

That's clearly offtopic - even though I agree. The KDE team wants kdepim
not Thunderbird - and I'm using xfce with Thunderbird. But just ignore
the mailer for now - GNOME CD is too large too, even though I didn't
check how much.

seife@susi:~> rpm --help|grep docs
--excludedocs do not install documentation

how about that?

That breaks online updates - and you have no way to retrieve the
documentation later.

Ok, then we really need to split off documentation packages for
everything. Too bad.

So maybe just ditching openoffice from the Live CD is really the way to
go for now. I would not miss it (I just use it once per month), but I
know there are people using it more often...
It's also a very nice show case for openSUSE. So I would drop it only if
I *really* have to.

Greetings, Stephan