Am 07.06.2012 08:54, schrieb Claudio Freire:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
So.. if there is a chance to save 100MB by ripping out the
documentation, the DO IT! :-) Any documentation needs can be filled by
going online and searching (what virtually everyone does anyway) or
installing via YaST after booting.

Go for it, C - I'm awaiting your submit requests.

Greetings, Stephan

I don't know much about kiwi... but...

...what about excludedocs=true for cds in:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=config.xml.in&package=kiwi-config-openSUSE&project=openSUSE%3AFactory&rev=f63ff6128a27828675223a8895814b08

I don't know - many said that one the biggest value of the live cd
download is as rescue medium. And personally I fancy having some man
pages around when I try to repair a file system.

I would prefer some more fine grained solution to leaving out docs,
e.g. rely on online help for firefox, but have man pages for fsck
around. excludedocs=true is an all or nothing solution - and there is no
easy way to recover your live cd after installation other than
reinstallation.

But as an experiment we can try it.

Greetings, Stephan