Re: [opensuse-factory] Xorg will not load with Opensuse 12.2 beta1
On 2012/06/06 13:36 (GMT-0300) Juan Erbes composed:

I forgot other detail, is that in the Xorg configuration files, was
not present the file for the video device driver, and I copied it from
the 12.1 installation. I enabled the driver as "radeon", but now I'm
in doubt, if it's radeon or radeonhd, for the ATI HD 5670 video card.

Most users of FOSS drivers do not need any xorg.conf or xorg.conf.d/ files. Xorg should automagically load the correct driver. You could see that it tried radeonhd but not radeon in the log file you posted, so xorg-x11-driver-video-radeonhd should be the optional one you need to ensure has been installed. The radeon driver is/was automatically made available via installation of xorg-x11-driver-video.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/