Re: [opensuse-factory] Xorg will not load with Opensuse 12.2 beta1
2012/6/6 Tobias Klausmann <tobias.johannes.klausmann@xxxxxxxxxx>:
On 06.06.2012 17:41, Felix Miata wrote:

On 2012/06/06 11:16 (GMT-0400) Tobias Klausmann composed:

->  try to install "xf86-video-ati" or the others: xf86-video-fbdev,
xf86-video-vesa and try again :)

There are no xf86 strings in any openSUSE X11 package names I've
encountered in 12.2 or any recent release, if ever. Most users will get all
the FOSS drivers they need from xorg-x11-driver-video. Supplemental FOSS
packages are available for radeonhd, nouveau, unichrome, ivtv and
intel-legacy.

Starting with 12.2 (again) these packages exist.
Lokk here:
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/suse/x86_64/

and search for xf86-video

Thanks!

I forgot other detail, is that in the Xorg configuration files, was
not present the file for the video device driver, and I copied it from
the 12.1 installation. I enabled the driver as "radeon", but now I'm
in doubt, if it's radeon or radeonhd, for the ATI HD 5670 video card.

Regards,
Juan