Re: [opensuse-factory] Xorg will not load with Opensuse 12.2 beta1
  • From: Neil Rickert <nrickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:05:45 -0500
On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 09:16:21 -0300
Juan Erbes wrote:

The last saturday I installed Opensuse 12.2 beta1 on my pc (Phenom 2
X4 965 mobo Gigabye GM880-USB4, with 4 GB of memory and a ATI Radeon
HD 5670, the mobo has a ATI HD4250 graphical chip, disabled on the
bios), and is impossible to load Xord with KDE)

That sounds familiar.

I have an older system with an older radeon card.

First install attempt - Xorg would not start. These seems to be a
problem with the install from images.

Second install attempt - I disabled install from images. KDM started
just fine, but the session crashed as soon as I attempted to login.
There seems to be something missing.

Third install attempt - This time, I installed from the live KDE
image. X is fine. The system is behaving reasonably well (other than
Yast segfaults).