[opensuse-factory] Re: More about the KDE Live CD
On 29/05/12 00:40, Larry Finger wrote:
On 05/28/2012 02:56 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
[.............]

because his Windows system was "compromised" but stopped myself from doing so
because I didn't want to feel like a jerk giving a person something which
required one to be a geek to try and get the CD to even boot properly.
A couple of weeks ago I was going to give my doctor a copy of a Live KDE CD

The released versions (11.4 and 12.1) boot and run properly other than the problems with KMS video drivers, but that is a kernel issue, not a problem with openSUSE. These problems have all been with 12.2.

Correct, but the problem with the driver is a "show-stopper" when giving someone, who has known nothing but Windows in their life, a LIVE CD to get them to try out what openSUSE looks like (not only a bad reflection on oS but a very poor reflection on Linux distros generally; a major blemish in one reflects on all).

getting the CDs to work as they used to :-) .
Enviously, because of my lack of ability, I wish you all the very best in

Thanks,

Larry

And may I offer you my (our collective) Thanks for getting the problem sorted out! I downloaded the Beta LIVE CD and it boots into live-mode without any problems - no "nomodetest", nothing! :-)

One's spirit has been lifted once again and the future looks bright :-) .

Basil

--
Using openSUSE 12.1 x86_64 KDE 4.8.3 and kernel 3.4.1 on a system with-
AMD FX 8-core 3.6/4.2GHz processor