Re: [opensuse-factory] automount problems

Am 06/04/12, schrieb Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le lundi 04 juin 2012, à 17:46 +0200, "Stefan Brüns" a écrit :
My experience shows that ck is largely broken, or a least lacks in several
aspects. It does not support multiseat (only one active session at a time),
it does not support remote sessions (e.g. via LTSP) (unable to find the
correct session at all). Whereas the former at least shows the pk
authorization dialog, although for the wrong 'active' state, the latter is
unable to show a dialog at all.

These problems can be solved by using systemd-logind. This needs a
newer/patched polkit package. Anyone interested in testing this can find
one in home:StefanBruens:branches:Base:System .

Session state can be queried using systemd-loginctl.

Pros of systemd-loginctl: it works
Cons: it *might* depend on systemd, but I have not tested this.

IIRC, it does indeed depend on systemd at runtime, with no proper
fallback to ConsoleKit when the system is not booted with systemd.

And that's why we've not switched the polkit package (and several
others, including gdm, NetworkManager, gnome-packagekit, etc.) to use
systemd-logind. It's a bit annoying, if you ask me :/

Hm, AFAIK the only packages depending directly on ck vs systemd-logind should
be the session manager and policykit. Support in the session manager is only
needed for full multiseat support (i.e. exporting SEAT settings), which leaves
policykit.

It should not be to difficult make pk fall back to ck, as the ck code is
already there.

I am currently running 12.1 with both console-kit-daemon and systemd-logind
active (which is the default) and the logind only policykit. For a single local
user, ck and logind show the same information, as soon as there are multiple
logins at least logind provides the correct information.

If there is interest I could include the ck fallback into my pk package. Any
chance to get this included in 12.2?

Regards, Stefan