Re: [opensuse-factory] automount problems
Le lundi 04 juin 2012, à 17:46 +0200, "Stefan Brüns" a écrit :
My experience shows that ck is largely broken, or a least lacks in several
aspects. It does not support multiseat (only one active session at a time),
it does not support remote sessions (e.g. via LTSP) (unable to find the
correct session at all). Whereas the former at least shows the pk
authorization dialog, although for the wrong 'active' state, the latter is
unable to show a dialog at all.

These problems can be solved by using systemd-logind. This needs a
newer/patched polkit package. Anyone interested in testing this can find one
in home:StefanBruens:branches:Base:System .

Session state can be queried using systemd-loginctl.

Pros of systemd-loginctl: it works
Cons: it *might* depend on systemd, but I have not tested this.

IIRC, it does indeed depend on systemd at runtime, with no proper
fallback to ConsoleKit when the system is not booted with systemd.

And that's why we've not switched the polkit package (and several
others, including gdm, NetworkManager, gnome-packagekit, etc.) to use
systemd-logind. It's a bit annoying, if you ask me :/

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.