Re: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
On Monday, June 04, 2012, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Monday, June 04, 2012, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
But to be a smooth transition between splash and display manager, there
is some adaptation needed on the display manager side (I know KDM needs
a patch, I don't know if we have it already or not), so X server is
started in a mode which doesn't reset the screen to black and KDM will
notify plymouth to quit and handle the nice fade..

I just rebooted with a changed setup and with GDM as the display manager. What
I see is that the screen turns black, but at that moment I also have a mouse
cursor already active., so GDM must be active and busy loading the graphics
(background, menu, etc). I am not sure how we can optimize this further
unless we find a way to make GDM switch off plymouth only when it has finished

I also tried the splash=silent and this one indeed works. Don't know what
happened in the past, but it seems to be initializing plymouth correctly and I
will adjust the plymouth packages to remove the part where I change the
splash= lines.

Regards

Raymond