Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
On Monday, June 04, 2012, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Le lundi 04 juin 2012 à 12:54 +0200, Will Stephenson a écrit :
Is it possible to use Plymouth with grub legacy? I'm multibooting Beta1
with 12.1's grub, and get a black screen between the bootsplash and KDE
autologin.
Nothing prevents that.

Plymouth can be used with Grub and Grub2. No difference in it's behaviour.

But to be a smooth transition between splash and display manager, there
is some adaptation needed on the display manager side (I know KDM needs
a patch, I don't know if we have it already or not), so X server is
started in a mode which doesn't reset the screen to black and KDM will
notify plymouth to quit and handle the nice fade..

That patch was installed already, but somehow it doesn't prevent this from
happening. I have to see if GDM has the same behaviour or not.

Raymond