Re: Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
Le lundi 04 juin 2012 à 11:09 +0200, Raymond Wooninck a écrit :
On Monday, June 04, 2012, Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

This particular issue is already resolved in Factory. What I also noticed
is that the kernel command line is not adjusted. Please validate that in
your grub settings the kernel command line is correct "splash quiet"
instead of "splash=silent" or "splash=verbose". The last two are
incompatible with plymouth and would cause a black screen.

Really ? IIRC, "splash" should be handled as "splash=silent" (I fixed
that bugs some years ago in plymouth code). If not, we should fix it
again.

Hi Frederic,

Well, this is based on my own findings. When I put splash=silent as the
kernel-option then I do not see any Plymouth screen. Changing this to just
splash, makes things work.

I guess we have to check the plymouth code then to see if your bugfix is
still
in there or that things have changed and fix it again.

I just did a quick search on git and "splash" and "splash=silent" should
be handled the same way.

--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx>
SUSE