Re: [opensuse-factory] Adding udisks2 polkit privileges
On Sat, Jun 02, 2012 at 08:34:51AM +0400, Ilya Chernykh wrote:
Hi!

I hope Vincent can clarify this.

I want to add the following polkit rules in 12.2 kdebase3 package which are
needed for its new Udisks2 backend
written by Serghei Amelian recently:

===
Action=org.freedesktop.udisks2.*
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes
===

Can I add this rules file to my package?

No.

You should have figured out that "Yes" means that all users are allowed
to do all udisks2 actions, which include all kind of fstab modifcations.

And that this basically means full root access for all users.

So it is not allowed.

Or this is already implemented in 12.2?

No.

Without these rules the backend does not work properly.

The standard file should work, if you have working console management
(I think it should be there if you use gdm or kdm4 or xdm).

Do you have a policy kit agent for kde3, or can you use either the
kde4 or gnome one? (cross check what xfce does)

Then your policy change is not required.

Ciao, Marcus