Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
  • From: Bryen M Yunashko <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 19:37:04 -0500
On Sat, 2012-06-02 at 20:05 -0400, Ken Schneider - openSUSE wrote:
Try:

zypper up <name of package it says will not be updated>

for further info on why.

I already know the answer to that, its because updates are in a
lower-priority repository. And I can understand why that happens,
though I think it could be done in a better way.

My point in my question wasn't why. It was questioning the
functionality of lu -a. The OP said running lu -a would update all
newer packages, and that didn't make sense to me given the definition of
"lu". But I was rather curious because I've seen others say to use lu
-a as well, yet when I tried it (out of curiosity), it didn't work for
me that way.

:-)
Bryen