Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
On Saturday, June 02, 2012, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

El 02/06/12 15:26, Alin Marin Elena escribió:
now with the switch to gcc 4.7 turns out zypper and yast sw are not
very portable...
Personally I think this looks bad on sles/sled too... professional
written software not portable to the latest standard of c++.

Software has bugs, and does not have to be portable, zypp is a *linux*
package manager.

Compilers also have bugs.

We will all agree with the fact that Software has bugs. This goes hand in
hand. Software without bugs is non-existent. However YaST has been the piece
of software that made openSUSE to be openSUSE. The Package manager is one of
the core components of a linux system and has the function to keep the system
up to date with newer versions or to provide an interface to the user to
install new software. And exactly this has currently a big portability bug due
to the GCC 4.7 upgrade. And this is what Alin tried to indicate.

Raymond