Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 20:26:28 +0100
On 2 June 2012 19:59, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Larry, There are a number of bug reports with regards to this issue. I do not
believe that creating another one would resolve the situation.

Then list them, please.

If I run zypper, then the system refuses to update a number of packages
without giving me a reason why. I do not even get a choice what to do in

You mean the "The following package updates will NOT be installed:"
list that has been in zypper for a few releases already? That's not a
bug. It's just the difference between "zypper lu" and "zypper lu -a".

certain cases. YaST software management indicated that (with a Update All
packages if newer exist), that it wants to update 194 packages. Something that
zypper doesn't even indicate. YaST starts then to work and shortly after it

"Update All packages if newer exist" is "zypper lu -a".

Really, bug reports and good descriptions (copy & paste of commands)
is the only way to go.