Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Really too much to ask for a working Software Management system ??
On Saturday, June 02, 2012, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What bug reports have you filed? Did you supply proper debugging
information?

For me, both YaST and zypper mostly work, thus it is important that tose
people with problems file good reports.

Larry, There are a number of bug reports with regards to this issue. I do not
believe that creating another one would resolve the situation.

If I run zypper, then the system refuses to update a number of packages
without giving me a reason why. I do not even get a choice what to do in
certain cases. YaST software management indicated that (with a Update All
packages if newer exist), that it wants to update 194 packages. Something that
zypper doesn't even indicate. YaST starts then to work and shortly after it
crashes with a segmentation fault. If I go to the installed packages and start
selecting them one by one, then at random YaST segfaults again. I don't think
that you can call this that the packages are working. I am not sure what you
are doing with YaST, but the software management part is far from properly
working.

Regards

Raymond