Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Getting Plymouth to work in Beta 1
On Friday, June 01, 2012, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

El 01/06/12 18:18, Roman Bysh escribió:
Hello all,

Has anyone been able to get Plymouth to work by it's default setting?
What other packages are required?

Yes, working here in two different systems (nvidia/propietary,
Intel/i915+kms) I got a warning that solved installing plugin-label package.

This particular issue is already resolved in Factory. What I also noticed is
that the kernel command line is not adjusted. Please validate that in your
grub settings the kernel command line is correct "splash quiet" instead of
"splash=silent" or "splash=verbose". The last two are incompatible with
plymouth and would cause a black screen.

Regards

Raymond