Re: [opensuse-factory] Beta 1 installer still hangs when Searching for Linux partitions during installation
On 06/01/2012 10:54 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
On 06/01/2012 11:51 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
Hello all,

The installer has been hanging when it reaches "Searching for Linux
partitions" from M1 - M3 to Beta 1.

The only way to get around this is to add "acpi=off"
to the Boot options or select "NO ACPI".

I have tested the installers from 11.3 right up to 12.1 and this problem
_never_ _existed_ before. Not even in the Milestones.

I have submitted a Bugzilla report when 12.2 M3 came out.

My CPU is an Intel Quad-core Q6600. Asus P5Q mobo with 4 GB of RAM.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Cheers!

Roman
openSUSE -- Get it! Discover it! Share it!
http://linuxcounter.net/ #179293

Follow Up

This has been tested with the 64-bit DVD only.

My guess is that your CPU/MOBO combination is having a problem with kernels 3.3+. Does Asus have a BIOS update that might address the issue? Have you tried a 3.4 kernel with openSUSE 12.1?

Larry