Re: [opensuse-factory] Status: Beta
  • From: Graham P Davis <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:55:48 +0100
On Wed, 30 May 2012 11:27:29 -0500
Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All in all something I can release tomorrow *fingers crossed*.

Tried installing DVD (64-bit) via USB-drive and DVD on two machines and
got the same result - GRUB2 is broken. Previous install via KDE LiveCD
(build 0393) had no such problem.

Near the end of the first stage of the installation process, an error
window opened with "an error occurred during initrd creation" followed
by another window with "error occurred while installing GRUB2." In the
messages contained in the first window was "failed to
open /boot/grub2/device.map" and, in the second window,
"sh: /usr/sbin/grub2-mkconfig: no such file or directory."

I downloaded the DVD iso (build 0398) via Metalink so should have been a
clean download but also verified md5 checksum to make sure.

I'll try LiveCD and/or NET install to see if I get any better luck.

--
Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks.
openSUSE 12.1 (64-bit); KDE 4.8.2; AMD Phenom II X2 550 Processor;