Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed Kernel Update broken
  • From: Günther J. Niederwimmer <gjn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:35 +0200
Hello,
Am Montag, 14. Mai 2012, 12:29:09 schrieb Freigeist:
Am 14.05.2012 09:57, schrieb Günther J. Niederwimmer:

On Montag, 14. Mai 2012 09:06:27 Jiri Slaby wrote:
On 05/13/2012 08:06 PM, Günther J. Niederwimmer wrote:
I have update today to the last Tumbleweed Kernel and now the
System is broken.

after clean the /var/tmp per hand with a second installed 11.4 the system
is starting extreme slowly, but nothing can write to the system

example:

zypper can't write to /var/run/mount/AP-0x........... so I can't revert
the
Update or install other kernel.

after some minutes the desktop (KDE) crash, total (black)

The mystic is, the first crash are on the moment, after installing the
updated kernel, the last update files kenel-src and kernel-sym, I can't
install apper (zypper) is crashing.

Maybe this can help you

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. In my case I booted from a
maintanence partition and a

snapper list

did show me that snapper had created a huge number of snapshots that
filled the disk so it couldn't be written to anymore.

After deleting all older snapshots with

snapper delete #number-of-snapshot-here

everything was fine and the disk was writable again.
If this solves your problem you can configure snapper in

First, I have installed the system new and it is working with the last kernel
now,

but I have two Problems with this ;)

the first, why tell me "df" I have 80% in use and not 100%

The second, why it is not possible to remove any btrfs /.snapshots when I boot
from a other SUSE (11.4) on this computer and only mount the Partition on
/root_121/ and write "rm -R /root_121/.snapshots/10" this tell me this is a
read only filesystem but when I show inside this is root:root "rwx"

/etc/snapper/configs/root

(assuming / is the problematic partition) to keep a smaller number of
snapshots and delete older snapshots sooner.

I have configured snapper but I mean snapper do what it will, and the
/.snapshots is always running full ;), when I not delete it with (snapper -
delete X or -clean).

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen / best Regards,

Günther J. Niederwimmer