Re: [opensuse-factory] rpmlint: warn if -ansi is used to build packages
Am 10.05.2012 13:34, schrieb Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar:

Quoting Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi:

when -ansi is used and (defined(_GNU_SOURCE) || (_XOPEN_SOURCE >= 700
|| _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 200809L)) is false, there is no stpcpy prototype
and hence no optimization.

Christian,
Hi Dominik,

First: I appreciate the way you initially brought this topic up for
discussion...

BUT:
Then you went ahead and 'implemented' the change, even though concerns
and questions were raised.
This in itself I don't consider 'bad' yet, but the fact that you went
over other maintainers of projects which you are also maintainer of and
ignoring their questions is considered hostile (at least by me).

This is something that I don't hear for the first time - especially
about Cristian I have to say. I don't think we should add such rules
into our software, but if there are several people maintainer in the
project, we should give them a chance to review instead of stepping on
each other's shoes. Unless it's 100% clear it's 100% safe - I don't
think there is any need to review other people's typo fixes.

And while there is certainly a timeout associated with other people
stepping up, this timeout is not generic, but may depend on the project.
E.g. Stefan clearly said he's on vacation, so X11:Xorg did not see the
reaction time Stefan is famous for (especially at 4am his time :)

And yes, I had my share of critism on the topic of stepping on other's
shoes too :)

Greetings, Stephan