Re: [opensuse-factory] Udisks2
On Friday 30 March 2012 11:23:42 Vincent Untz wrote:

- we're not removing udisks, we're simply adding udisks2

- udisks2 and udisks are parallel-installable and can run at the same

Thanks. This is interesting. I wonder how they do not conflict.

It follows that they do not use the same command-line tools or they are
named differently?

I was thinking about implementing automounting through the udev rules but
this needs a stable command-line interface
(instead of broken udevmountd command) .

The command-line tools provided by udisks/udisks2 are just details: the
main point of udisks/udisks2 is the dbus interfaces.

Still it is impossible to call dbus from an udev rules file. That is the

The reason they don't conflict (apart from being parallel-installable)
is that both udisks and udisks2 are reactive to what happens on the
system. So if udisks does something, then udisks2 will see that too and
adapt to the change.