Re: [opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed status for the week of March 26, 2012
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 05:36:56PM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 12:14 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:08:17AM -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
- Because of the KDE 4.8 update, LibreOffice was dropped from
 Tumbleweed.  This is due to build issues with the package, not any
 runtime issue that I can determine.  LibreOffice fails to build on

I switched from Tumbleweed to 12.1 when it came out.  The above makes
me happy about my choice.

I personally think 12.1 packages should have been retained until the
LibreOffice issue was resolved.

As the LibreOffice package really wasn't that far "ahead" than the 12.1
release, I figure that this was only a minor setback and one that I
didn't want to wait anymore time on getting merged in, given how long it
took me to get it all working properly.

Hopefully the LibreOffice fix will happen soon, and then the new
LibreOffice package will show up in their tree, as it would be nice to
be using 3.5 sometime soon.

thanks,

greg k-h

Greg,

Maybe I misinterpreted the status. I took it to say,

"due to LibreOffice / KDE 4.8 incompatibility, Tumbleweed users
don't have LibreOffice functionality."

If you just meant, Tumbleweed users only have LibreOffice
functionality as exists in 12.1, I rescind my comment.

Yes, that is the case, LibreOffice just downgraded to the known-good
version that ships in 12.1.

greg k-h