Re: [opensuse-factory] Update udev to version 181
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 10:16:59 -0500
Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did not see it mentioned in the changelog, but does the upgrade
from version 173 to 181 result in the timeout problem for drivers
that do synchronous firmware loading from their probe routines? If
so, that may cause problems. The wireless community is aware of the
situation, patches are being tested, and some of them will be
available in kernel 3.4. If 12.2 will ultimately use that kernel,
then it will only be a difficulty during the early MS stages. Other
drivers will not be fixed until 3.5, and will cause problems for 12.2.

Larry

To be honest I haven't test it properly udev, just ran it in openSUSE
12.2 in a VirtualBox and it worked, thats why I asked if possible for
others to do some more extensive tests to make sure everything is fine
or at least if it's not to get them fixed in time.