Re: [opensuse-factory] Plymouth update: One step further, but graphical session runs on tty1
On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 1:46 PM, Raymond Wooninck <tittiatcoke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
GDM works out-of-the-box with this, but KDM would require a small patch. The
main question however would be if it would be acceptable to have the change
that the graphical session is running on TTY1.   Fedora also made this change
when they implemented Plymouth, but I am wondering what your opinion is.

I'm quite accustomed to do ctrl+alt+F1 in order to get a console,
almost in every distro, and it usually works.

Doing the change would mean breaking that. Although it's not that big
of a deal if there's still tty2-9, it's still a nuisance.

If you could make it start in tty7 as usual, it would be perfect.
If not, make sure the other ttys work, and that starting new graphical
sessions also works (ie, from KDE->switch user->start new session).