Re: [opensuse-factory] Welcome new compiz maintainer Kai-Uwe Behrmann
Quoting "Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar" <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Factory contributors,

It's been a while that I invested time in Compiz and the move of various
desktop environments to be compositing themselves made compiz for big
parts obsoleted... given, it still has nice effects but I am not even
sure how well and if it currently works in Factory...

And as I don't use compiz anymore myself, there is only little use in
claiming maintenership on it anymore: I would only run after issues
instead of pro-actively taking care of them.

Compiz upstream is mainly busy adjusting it for ubuntu unity.

If nobody steps up to take over compiz maintainership within a week, I
will file drop requests for the various compiz packages. It's better to
not ship anything nobody tests rather than ship it non-functional.

Looking forward for your offers to take over!

I'm happy to announce here that Kai-Uwe Behrmann has accepted the challenges of maintaining Compiz for openSUSE.

Please join me in wishing him all the best. The chalenges around compiz, which links against gnome and kde, both fast moving targets, can be complex at times. But I am sure Kai-Uwe will manage those just well.

Best regards,
Dominique