Re: Can we learn to stop a never-ending thread? (was Re: [opensuse-factory] [RFC DRAFT] Phasing out sysvinit)
Dear god,

On Tue, Feb 07, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

On 06/02/12 21:45, Brian K. White wrote:

Tech problem 1: A system based on scripts is infinitely more flexible,
transparent, debugable, than a system based on a binary compiled c
program. That has uncountable value and I want that. And bonus, we
already have it. Why throw it away?

sysvinit is also a binary compiled C program.

Great, irrefutable argument.

Personal problem: The people behind systemd refuse to acknowledge the
technical problems and refuse to either solve them or entertain someone
else solving them.

have you considered that may be because it is absolute non-sense ?

Thanks for confirmation.

Hubert Mantel