Re: [opensuse-factory] Wresting control from systemd
  • From: Graham Anderson <graham.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 02:53:04 +0100
On Wednesday 01 Feb 2012 15:35:01 Mike Galbraith wrote:
I expect it to do process containment when and how I says it's ok to do
so. It is not at all cool for systemd to do what someone else decides
it should do with my processes in my workstation without my consent.

BTW, imagine I posted a patch removing SCHED_AUTOGROUP option, mandating
that anyone who has CGROUP_SCHED enabled WILL use automated task groups
as the great and powerful me (arrogance personified) defines them. The
world would burn little 'ole /me at the stake, and rightfully so.

Perhaps the software that automatically offers greater flexibility and control
over processes is more valuable to more people than the software that
automatically lets processes run glxgears at 50k fps without dropping a couple
of frames of southpark.