Re: Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - kernel packages mismatch - can't compile vboxadd module
On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 05:52:37PM +0100, Jiri Slaby wrote:

On 01/09/2012 04:25 PM, Greg KH wrote:
i thought:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tumbleweed/standard/noarch/

should be only a mirror/linked to:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/stable/standard/

as it is the aktive STABLE version and no need to build this a second time?

It is a link, at the package level, not at the repo level.

Oh, it's something different than I thought. Greg, you forgot to copy
revision counts from the source package (-C linkpac parameter).

Fixed now.

No, I did that, it seems the latest version of osc isn't liking that
option, and the link breaks.

Try it yourself and see :)

I'm working on fixing up how Tumbleweed handles links, to do it
"properly", so I haven't spent the time working on this issue at the
moment, given that the number of packages in the repo is so small.

thanks,

greg k-h