[opensuse-factory] glibc 2.15 update
I've updated glibc for openSUSE 12.2 in its development project
(Base:System) to version 2.15 and it seems to work on x86, x86-64,
PowerPC and even Arm.

The new version 2.15 of glibc brings mainly optimizations and
bugfixes.

The main new features are:
* new program pldd to list loaded objects of a process.
* nss_db support in glibc - without a dependency on berkely db.
* integration of libm with gcc's -ffinite-math-only option.

Besides updating the upstream version, I made a couple of cleanups of
the package itself:
* The x86-64 package was compiled with -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs - an
option only needed for running under 32-bit Xen. This might speedup
some threaded applications.
* The i686 library is not compiled with -mno-tls-direct-seg-refs
anymore but a special version is installed in /lib/i686/nosegneg
that is compiled with this flag. So, installations using 32-bit Xen
will use the nosegneg library and everybody else the normal
version. This should speedup some threaded applications when not
using Xen.
* The AMD libm implementation has been removed in favour of glibc's
libm implementation. It didn't integrate well with the changes that
went into glibc 2.15.
* I've reviewed all patches we have in the package and tried to
upstream as many as possible. We still have far too many, help is
welcome to upstream ;)

I welcome contributions to the package, testing of glibc 2.15 and
fixing of any bugs in glibc or the packages using it.

So far, one package was failing due to changes - unscd - and the
upstream author provided quickly a fix. Thanks to Cristian Rodriguez
for his tests!

I'm pushing glibc 2.15 now to openSUSE:Factory for the usual review
and integration. If you have any concerns, please speak up.

Andreas