Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed Project is almost empty (only 26 packages being built)
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 01:12:00PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
OK, when *will* Tumbleweed start to be "useable" again?

What?

It isn't "usable" right now?

My definition of "Useable" meaning (as you correctly seem to have concluded
below): I just need to follow Tumbleweed instead of an (ever increasing)
list of .../stable/openSUSE_12.1/ repos :-)

What is wrong with it? Remember, 12.1 _just_ came out, give packages a
bit of time to settle down and update _and_ get stable before I can add
them to the Tumbleweed repo.

Right now I'm running 12.1 but with the newer Xorg (Mesa 7.11.1
instead of 7.11), KDE (4.7.4 instead of 4.7.2) and libreoffice (3.4.4
instead of 3.4.2) repos.

Libreoffice just got added last night to Tumbleweed, so you don't have
to worry about that.

KDE I need to take a long hard look at, as it can be difficult, as can
xorg, to update given that these are core libraries and the amount of
interdependancies in them is non-trivial.

Combine that, with the fact that I'm supposed to go on vacation in a few
days for the rest of the year, so you can assume that there will
probably not be any major Tumbleweed updates until January.

OK, during christmas time it's more playing with opensuse than working
with it anyway (and learning more of the details of what changed between
11.4 and 12.1). Some time in January it's supposed to be (mostly) working
with it again.

But as it sounds like you know what you are doing with these repos,
Tumbleweed isn't for you, you are on your own :)

I will survive for a while - and I do have good backups ;)

Personally I'd like to be lazy and just use Tumbleweed again instead
of mimicing what it used to be ;-)

I've never updated xorg in tumbleweed, so you aren't mimicing anything.

OK, then the xorg stuff came from its own repo before anyway.
--
Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>