Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed Project is almost empty (only 26 packages being built)
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 09:35:43PM +0100, Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:13:11PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
I have been trying to do a distribution update for Tumbleweed and most
of
the packages seem to be missing.  My system want's to downgrade about
100
packages including the kernel.

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/tumbleweed/467842-tumblweed-has-switched-12-1-now-empty.html

This announcement was also posted here to the opensuse-factory list at
the same time.

OK, when *will* Tumbleweed start to be "useable" again?

What?

It isn't "usable" right now?

What is wrong with it? Remember, 12.1 _just_ came out, give packages a
bit of time to settle down and update _and_ get stable before I can add
them to the Tumbleweed repo.

Right now I'm running 12.1 but with the newer Xorg (Mesa 7.11.1
instead of 7.11), KDE (4.7.4 instead of 4.7.2) and libreoffice (3.4.4
instead of 3.4.2) repos.

Libreoffice just got added last night to Tumbleweed, so you don't have
to worry about that.

KDE I need to take a long hard look at, as it can be difficult, as can
xorg, to update given that these are core libraries and the amount of
interdependancies in them is non-trivial.

Combine that, with the fact that I'm supposed to go on vacation in a few
days for the rest of the year, so you can assume that there will
probably not be any major Tumbleweed updates until January.

But as it sounds like you know what you are doing with these repos,
Tumbleweed isn't for you, you are on your own :)

Personally I'd like to be lazy and just use Tumbleweed again instead
of mimicing what it used to be ;-)

I've never updated xorg in tumbleweed, so you aren't mimicing anything.

greg k-h