Re: [opensuse-factory] changes to Factory w/o devel project
On 07.12.2011 10:10, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
Am 07.12.2011 09:58, schrieb Stephan Kulow:
On 07.12.2011 08:22, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
I would have been in favour of a different approach in that case:
- announce clearly the new policy for license tags (I only read some
references but nothing dedicated)
- rpmlint checks (even fatal would be fine for Factory)
- let maintainers fix it
- before 12.2 release do a bulk change for packages not already fixed

The fatal rpmlint check would have hit 99.9% of all packages and why let
maintainers fix something a script can fix in half an hour? I rather
have important bugs fixed for openSUSE then wasting everyone's time
changing syntax.

I basically understand that. I'm just telling my situation. I had
exactly the same amount of work in that case as the other way round but
only because I noticed which was more or less just luck. If I wouldn't
have noticed it would have at least doubled my work. I just want that
people are aware that there are other workflows out there which are
affected by such changes.
I know there are tons of workflows out there. And I tried to a) come up
with a way that harms the least workflows and b) discuss it on packaging
first.

Greetings, Stephan