Re: [opensuse-factory] [12.1] massive data loss in /var/tmp/
Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@xxxxxx> writes:

Thanks for feedback.

As said in 12.1 it has to be fixed.

In Factory I would simply drop the idea of having interchangable
sysvinit and systemd. Users should know that using systemd or sysvinit
results in completely different behavior.
By considering this statement packagers could use systemd features
without thinking about sysvinit. Playing around systemd should IMO not
affect sysvinit and vice versa.
For this particular case it would mean that using systemd should
use /etc/tmpfiles.d/*.conf and sysvinit uses /etc/sysconfig/cron only.

Yes, but this would not save us from re-writing the docs on the
variables in /etc/sysconfig/cron. The statements there are just too
broad. At least, we must add warnings that sysconfig settings are not
valid for systemd.

R&D / Documentation Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg, Germany