Re: [opensuse-factory] Proposal for 12.2, move all binaries under /usr
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 11:56:57 -0600
On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

As a proposal for 12.2, I would like to implement the move of all
binaries to /usr/ like is being done at the moment in Fedora.

Here's the details as to why this is a good thing to do, and what is
involved in it:
       https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/UsrMove

I made a careful read of the link you posted. I feel as though the
reasoning behind the move could use a bit clearer and concise
explanation. However, I see this change as reasonable and, long-term,
beneficial.

Is there some way that I can help?

--
Jon