Re: [opensuse-factory] sysvinit removal? (Re: Regarding /run and the new tmpfs)
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 09:31:55 +0100
On Tuesday 22 Nov 2011 17:12:15 Cristian Rodríguez wrote:
On 22/11/11 17:07, Will Stephenson wrote:
+1. sysvinit vs systemd is the new emacs vs vim.

heh, the difference is that systemd still doesnt implement a whole OS
yet :-D

Seriously, after reading this many threads about systemd and "its evils"
I upgraded the configuration I have been using for years with the old
tools and found no problems except between chair and computer.

Same here, I took the bareback sed -i -e 's,11.4,12.1,g' /etc/zypp/repos.d/*
&& zypper dup -l approach to upgrading my home workstation and guess what, it
all just worked. Hats off to Frederic and the others working on systemd
integration and all the people who tested and made bug reports.

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendörffer,