Re: [opensuse-factory] sysvinit removal? (Re: Regarding /run and the new tmpfs)
Am 22.11.2011 10:43, schrieb Michal Kubeček:
On 2011-11-21 16:26:52, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
For thoses I saw telling that they don't use systemd, prepare yourself
to cry. We offer sysvinit as a fallback this time (12.1) nothing
prove that will be the case in future releases.

Well, this is important. So where should one look to be able to vote
against such decision so that it's not "we already decided and you have
to live with it" again? Making systemd default in its current state was
bad but removing sysvinit would be much worse.

This is not about voting. This is about people taking care sysvinit does
not bitrot while systemd gets all the development and bug fixes
for things people see.

You can vote as much as you like, but in open source projects those that
pull stronger on one end win most of the times. Unless of course enough
people find themselves pulling at the other end.

Greetings, Stephan