Re: [opensuse-factory] packagekit still in 12.1?
On Nov 16, 11 16:19:41 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
Le mercredi 16 novembre 2011, à 11:36 -0300, Claudio Freire a écrit :
The second bug (from what I read) refers to the issue of packagekit
not honoring the signal to close, when asked to by yast.

It's honoring it, but it can't honor it when it's busy. That's why
speeding up the zypp backend is the right thing to do.

How dangerous is kill -9 here? That is how I 'helped' yast in these cases.
Never had any issues with that approach.

cheers,
JW-

\ | 0911 74053-508 __/ (____/ /\
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, J.Guild, F.Imendoerffer, HRB 16746
(AG Nuernberg), Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany

SuSE. Supporting Linux since 1992.