Re: [opensuse-factory] packagekit still in 12.1?
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:08:43 +0100
* Roger Luedecke <roger.luedecke@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-11-15 20:14]:
On Tuesday, November 15, 2011 07:30:25 PM Martin Schlander wrote:
Tirsdag den 15. november 2011 19:24:05 skrev Ruediger Meier:
On Tuesday 15 November 2011, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx> [11-15-11 11:50]:
I thought packagekit was removed from 12.1?

I have run zypper dup twice in the last 2 days. Both times it
claimed packagekit had locks in place and I needed to wait.

With 11.4 I certainly had similar things happen on rare
occasion,
but 2 out of 2 seems excessive.

I have all PackageKit stuff blacklisted since it exists. Does this make
problems on 12.1 now?

Nope. Just means you won't be notified about patches. But that's no
different from 11.4 or previous releases with packagekit based updater
applets.
Is there another sort of update notifier? I was all happy when Apper was
announced until I realized it was KPackageKit renamed.

I am working on an update notifier which will directly interface
with zypper and just call YaST Online Update to install updates.
--
Guido Berhoerster