Re: [opensuse-factory] Unknown Horizons and dependencies submitted to openSUSE:Factory
On Monday, November 14, 2011 10:15:23 PM Nelson Marques wrote:
2011/11/14 Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>:
On 14 November 2011 12:35, Nelson Marques <nmo.marques@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
My apologies to you, Cristian and everyone else who might have felt
offended, it wasn't my intention. Lots of stuff just pilled up until
everything blown up. Really, I've said 100 times I was leaving... and
I'm still here...

I don't think any of us got offended.

For your information, those packages have been updated, and
dependencies that needed to be updated, I've always did it and shared
with the rest of the world. Like I said previously scons is one
example. My work on Banshee repository made it possible that 12.1 and
oS:Factory have fully updated mono stack (thanks to Stephen Shaw)
amongst other things...

If you or anyone else thinks that I have to loose anything, you're
wrong... I'm not on no one's payroll, i take nothing from this except
the joy of seeing things happening and feeling useful. In fact, moving
away makes me earn more free time and less trouble for my head. So
really... keep placing barriers for people. I can't speak for the
others, but only for myself... since when has any of the packages I
maintain become orphaned ?

If what i've done so far isn't worth any credit at all? Haven't I
replied always to people who asked me for help or pointed me that
something was being done wrong?

Had Coolo proposed to submit guichan to Factory I would have said
exactly the same. I said guichan looks dead because... well, it looks
dead to me. As simple as that. I didn't say you can't submit it to
Factory (I don't have any veto power here) and the final word about
the concerns I raised is in the security team.

But the further I look the more dead it looks ->
http://wiki.unknown-horizons.org/w/Ideas_2011/FIFE_Pychan. It's from
FIFE developers, from this year, and it says guichan is dead ("no
longer being actively developed"). Anyway it's good to know they are
working to get rid of it
(http://fife.trac.cvsdude.com/engine/ticket/549).

Cristian,

I dont' want to offend anyone, but I think this is pathetic. Fedora
has the most brutal packaging demands in the world, and it checked and
cleared without much issues (aside from the bundled fonts and binary
blob from python-enet).

Here... which I believed to be far more liberal (though controlled),
there always issues which make really no sense, for them to make
sense, every package in the same condition should be booted off from
oS:Factory... the question is, why haven't they ? :)

I suppose that's some kind of pre-emptitive strike for a better
future... hopefully not mine... Now what was a clean release has
turned into a nightmare on games:unknown-horizons due to the changes
I'm forced to introduce... like someone once told me... "if it breaks,
it can be fixed".

Lets not waste more time around this topic, it's your playground, I
don't think I don't want to play here anymore. Call me a emo, a cry
baby, a prima dona, whatever, I don't care... My time is worth far
more than this.

NM

I think this is all the information we NEEDED. Now if someone wants to
push it to Factory we have the facts and we can decide.
I just found this game, thanks to some post or another. Haven't had the time
to try it yet. It wouldn't be very good for us to lose a neat game like that.
I'm not sure what the issue really is. Ok, so its no longer being developed...
but clearly its still useful and needed. Though to the maintainer I would say
(forgive me if my understanding of programming fails me) as far as I
understand you can include the dependancy in the program itself either
packaged with it, or simply compile the game to be self contained.
--
Get forgiveness now -- tomorrow you may no longer feel guilty.