Re: [opensuse-factory] Kernel boot parameters by default, feature 312962
Le 10/11/2011 21:13, Greg KH a écrit :

I've always considered it as such:

geek   [geek]
noun Slang.
1. a computer expert or enthusiast (a term of pride as self-reference, but
often considered offensive when used by outsiders.)
2. a peculiar or otherwise dislikable person, especially one who is
perceived to be overly intellectual.
3. a carnival performer who performs sensationally morbid or disgusting
acts, as biting off the head of a live chicken.

oh! what dictionary is that!

same here: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/geek

are we not all geekos?

among computer addicts, I never understood this as offensive. My bad.

thanks quoting this
jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net