Re: [opensuse-factory] The release notes/product highlights for 12.1
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 04:13:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Tuesday, 2011-10-25 at 19:57 +0200, Sven Burmeister wrote:

I don't complain about bugs in KDE4. I complain about missing apps. If
those apps are migrated, I can migrate too.

You cannot run KDE3-apps within KDE4? Usually they only need kdebase3 and not
a whole KDE3.

Installing them bring in a lot of dependencies from kde3. They are only available in the kde3 repo, not in the kde4.

And you can extend the above to: had spent their time on porting KDE3 apps
they would saved them a lot of time.

One of the apps has been rewritten from scratch, but is not finished yet, I need key features not yet available. The other, nothing has been done.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)