Re: [opensuse-factory] 12.1 beta, apparmor not installed automatically
Am Donnerstag, 6. Oktober 2011 schrieb Tim Edwards:
On Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:42 AM, "Stephan Kulow" <coolo@xxxxxxx>

wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 5. Oktober 2011 schrieb Dieter Werner:
Hi,

I installed 12.1 beta x86_64 with KDE in kvm as a fresh install
I basically used the default settings.
I noticed the following:

- no apparmor package was installed
is it not longer used in 12.1?

That's true. It's still on DVD though.

What replaces it in 12.1? Or is it just not needed on the kind of
systems (mostly desktop, laptop) that Opensuse is intended to be used
on?
We never had apparmor in real use by default. If you wanted to secure
your system, you had to do manual work. And now we added one more
step for those: install apparmor pattern. For everyone else, the system
is faster.

Greetings, Stephan