Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE4.7.1 in oS 12.1 Beta 1 - Apps remaining on taskbar after closing
On Sonntag 02 Oktober 2011 09:18:33 C wrote:

There seems to be no movement on getting it fixed from the upstream
KDE side (if the bug comments are to be believed). Is there anything
"we" can do to correct it? Is it worth opening an openSUSE bug
against it? (I'm guessing not, but worth asking)

Well, actually upstream is moving. All Plasma widgets are currently in the
process of
being completely rewritten using QML – including the taskbar. See
https://viranchmehta.wordpress.com/2011/08/23/

So unless bugs are huge showstoppers, I don't think it's worth to fix old code.
Instead if
one is able to help, better help Viranch to make the QML taskbar ready for 4.8.
In the meantime there are alternative taskbars for Plasma. The one I use is
Fancy Tasks:
http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Fancy+Tasks?content=99737
It's in openSUSE's repos. I have configured it to be almost exactly like the
default
taskbar with the single exception that Fancy Tasks allows disabling window
switching via
mouse wheel.

Markus