Re: [opensuse-factory] fam vs. gaming
  • From: todd rme <toddrme2178@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 14:07:46 +0200
On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 02 October 2011 13:35:18 todd rme wrote:
Yes, I know, that is what I am asking about.  Gamin is available in
several OBS repositories, including devel:libraries:c and c++, but it
is not shipped as part of factory.  I am trying to find out if there
is a reason for this or if factory should include it.  If you are
right and fam isn't working at all this is all the more reason to use
gaming.  I don't know if they can be installed at the same time or
not.

Is gamin still alive? Nothing seems to have happened with it since 2008

I'll bet the functionality is now in systemd

Anders

It looks like fam hasn't seen an update since 2007, so that doesn't
really help in deciding between the two.

strigi depends on fam or gamin and recommends gamin, so even if the
systemd has the functionality we still need fam, gaming, or both for
12.1 at least since important software depends on it.

-Todd