Re: [opensuse-factory] autologin with xfce
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 15:32:04 +0200
* Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2011-09-29 15:07]:
I did a fresh install of factory with XFCE (as I don't like Gnome3...)
with autologin enabled. To my greatest surprise, I was logged in to
Gnome3. Is it intended or worth a bugreport?
Also: is it really necessary to install an almost complete Gnome3
environment when installing XFCE?

It is currently in a state of flux, we're moving from gdm3 to
lightdm as the default login manager for Xfce, the changes in
patterns and YaST have not made it into Factory yet. If you want
to test you can manually install lightdm and set DISPLAYMANAGER
to lightdm in /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager.
gdm3 currently drags in a complete GNOME 3 session via
dependencies so that will be gone as well after the switch is
complete.
--
Guido Berhoerster